Square Payment Gateway
The Square extension for RestroPress allows merchants to collect online payments on their restaurant or online store. As a major payment provider, Square is available in the USA, UK, Australia, Ireland, Canada, and Japan, accepting currency in each country.
Customers can enter their credit/debit card details right on the checkout page, making the checkout process easier and faster.
Benefits of using the Square Payment Gateway
- Simple pricing: 2.9% + $.30 (2.9% + $.30 for CA, 2.2% for AU, 2.5% for UK, and 3.6% for JP) for online transactions.
They also provide custom rates available for some businesses with annual revenues over $250K and an average ticket size of over $15.
- Fast deposits: Your funds get deposited into your account within 1- 2 business days.
- PCI-Compliance: Square provides end-to-end encryption and PCI-DSS-compliant payment processing with no PCI or security fees.
Mode of payments:
Cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB)
This add-on increases your conversion rate and lowers the bounce rate on the checkout/cart page. It supports both inline form and Square checkout(pop up). SSL Certificate should be installed on the site to use Square.
To install the Square payment gateway
- Download Square payment gateway
- Go to the site’s /wp-admin Plugins > Add New section.
- Go to the Install Plugins section and select the Upload option.
- Browse to and locate the ZIP file you downloaded in step 2, and select Install Now.
- Finally, go back to the Plugins page, find the Square payment gateway plugin, and select Activate.
Go to Restropress -> Settings -> Payment Gateways -> General
Check the box of Square in Payment Gateway.
You can change the option in the Default Gateway option.
Payment Gateways there you will find the option of the Square.
Your Application ID, Access Token, Location ID, and sandbox Application ID, sandbox Access Token, and sandbox Location ID get from the square account when you purchase the Square payment gateway add-on.
Once you save the changes, make your required modifications.